Calling theatre enthusiasts of all ages!
Opera Theatre, now in it’s second year, is proud to present our first non-music based production!
Course fee is $300, payable in six monthly payments of $50.00. Discounts available for families wishing to participate together. Actors chosen for smaller roles may be assigned several smaller roles or will be charged a smaller course fee at the discretion of the director.
Course will cover:
- Healthy vocal production
- How to turn stage-fright into a love of acting
- Lessons on interpreting Shakespeare’s text
- Natural acting
- A full-length production of “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”
The characters of Peasblossom, Cobweb, Moth and Mustardseed, Bottom, Quince, Flute, Snout, Snug and Starveling may involve singing.
- Theseus—Duke of Athens
- Hippolyta—Queen of the Amazons
- Egeus—father or mother of Hermia
- Hermia—daughter of Egeus, in love with Lysander
- Lysander—in love with Hermia
- Demetrius—suitor to Hermia, former lover of Helena
- Helena—in love with Demetrius
- Philostrate—Master of the Revels
- Peter Quince—a carpenter
- Nick Bottom—a weaver
- Francis Flute—a bellows-mender
- Tom Snout—a tinker
- Snug—a joiner
- Robin Starveling—a tailor
- Oberon—King of the Fairies
- Titania—Queen of the Fairies
- Robin “Puck” Goodfellow—a sprite with magical powers
- Peaseblossom, Cobweb, Moth and Mustardseed—fairy servants to Titania